Skilled Migration Visas
There are a number of visas available for applicants using the skilled migration program. Each visa has it’s own legislative requirements but we’ve provided some information below which may help clarify which visa you may be eligible for. At Immigration Experts Australia, we’re experts in all visa types and can certainly assist you with your skilled migration application.
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 [Nomination by a state/territory government]
- Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 489 [Nomination by a state/territory government or sponsorship by an eligible relative living in a designated area]
The Skilled Migrant program is conducted through Skill Select, a database for migrants, employers and nominating State/ Territory Governments. There are a number of features to this visa and Skill Select:
- Prospective sponsored migrants’ SkillSelect Expressions of Interest (EoIs) will remain valid for two years, but their English language test results will remain valid for three;
- Employers accessing prospective migrants’ EoIs will need a AUSkey;
- Prospective sponsored migrants no further stay conditions will be waived;
- SkillSelect’s “periodic invitation rounds” are monthly.
If you’re in Australia you can arrange a consultation with one of our migration agents to discuss the best pathway for you. If you’re offshore, we can arrange a Skype consultation (if you’d prefer to have a face-to-face) or we can liaise online.