Partner Visa Refused?April 8, 2015
Prospective Marriage Visa vs. Partner (Provisional) VisaApril 30, 2015
Changes to the subclass 457 visa and sponsorship
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has announced the following changes on the 18th of April 2015:
- will accept an overall test score with minimum scores of each test component (reading, writing, speaking and listening); and
- will grant an exemption when an applicant can provide evidence of five cumulative years of study in English at the secondary or tertiary level, rather than proof of five years consecutive secondary or tertiary study in English.
- has extended the term of standard business sponsorship to 5 years commencing from the date of approval.
- has extended the sponsorship period for start-up businesses from twelve (12) months to eighteen (18) months.
- has reduced the market salary exemption threshold from $250,000 to $180,000, this is now in line with the marginal tax rate.
- has extended the notifiable period for sponsors from 10 working days to 28 calendar days.
For further information please contact us on 02 8385 1451