Changes to the 462 Work and Holiday Visa and the 417 Working Holiday Visa
November 16, 2015
ANMAC’s new English criteria
July 25, 2016
Show all

Student Visa Changes

The new Student Visa (subclass 500)

The Department of Immigration has amalgamated all the student visas into one new subclass 500 visa.

The exact requirements for this visa will depend upon the level of risk assigned to your application (the ‘Immigration Risk’), which is a combined immigration risk assessment determined by the education provider and your passport nationality.

As the visa applicant, you must:

  • enrol with an Australian education provider as a full-time vocational student, and obtain written confirmation of this enrolment

NOTE: To qualify as a vocational student, you must enrol in one of the following courses in Australia: a Certificate I, II, III and IV (excepting ELICOS); a VET Diploma; a VET Advanced Diploma; a vocational graduate certificate; or a vocational graduate diploma

  • genuinely intend to complete the relevant period of study in Australia
  • have the required level of English language proficiency unless exempt
  • have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your intended stay in Australia
  • have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia, as well as costs required for any dependents included in your application.

The exact amount of funds a student requires is set by DIBP, and is determined by your chosen education provider, your course of study and other personal circumstances. Please contact us for further details.

1 Comment

  1. Power Ngara says:

    I am completing my course in June 2017 and my visa expires In August. Can I do another diploma again or I have to do a degree, just heard there are high chances of visa denial for repeating diplomas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »